Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Large scale Japanese tattoos

Although my portfolio doesnt show much Japanese work I have been really studying it alot over the last couple of years.I had pretty much stopped doing this kind of tattooing because I didnt have any direction and felt like I was just doing things without fully understanding them.Over the last 6 months or so I have started around a dozen Japanese themed sleeves and Im very happy with how things are going and want to continue to do more.I am getting to ready to start a series of back piece paintings in order to study what works best on the back and hopefully will be getting to tattoo one in the near future.Japanese really is the best way to go as far as larger scale tattoos go.I will not do any designs that I dont feel I can do properly and this goes with any style of tattooing.I try to focus on longevity instead of doing portfolio tattoos that only look good for a short period of time and the only reason for doing them is to make the tattooer feel special.I want to be able to see the person I tattooed years later and still be happy with how the tattoo looks.I like to have time to fully prepare for tattoos.Sometimes it comes to me right away and other times it might take a week or 2 so please be patient.I have the clients best interests in mind at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment